Relay Reader™ is an application for developing readers, young and old. Here’s how it works:
- Readers take turns reading out loud with a skilled virtual partner, just like in a relay.
- Readers can record themselves and reflect on how they sound.
- Readers build reading confidence, skill, and stamina, all while enjoying “The Adventures of Pinocchio” — a 130-page literary classic — in a whole new way.
The web version works on computers with Google Chrome® or on Chromebooks. If you have an iPhone/iPad, you should use the iOS app instead. If you have an Android phone or tablet, start with the beta version of the app for the best experience. In case the beta does not work on your specific Android device, try the web app with the Chrome browser instead.
The video below shows most of the user-facing features of Relay Reader in action.
We are looking for partners to create the best experience for Relay Reader™ users. If you:
- hold rights to a book (and audiobook) that you would like to see in the app;
- are a voice artist interested in recording narrations for the app;
- are a graphic designer interested in making cover designs and illustrations for the books in the app; or
- have ideas for partnership in some other capacity, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.